Monday, March 17, 2008

Fire at Heart

Another piece of old white fence is sacrificed to the fire. The drink; a mixture of grains and dry ginger ale. Laughter and talk. The Chalk Circle is over and I need to pack. A moment. A perfect one. I smile and laugh, drunkenly. It's been too long between. Laughter and talk. Perfect.

I awake hydrophilic. Stomach hates me. Head hates me. Totally worth it. The long shower is fitting. The shower that you lean your head on the tiles and let the water wash over you. The rhythm of the shower. I need to brush my teeth.

I have a place that I need to go to but I'm not in any hurry. I need to pack. This year seems to be learning. I'm really enjoying this year. I think she and I are going to get on just fine. I think we should go steady. Did I wake up with all my clothes still on this morning? I must have been drunk. I have been getting very drunk recently. I blame the grains. Last night was brilliant. One of those nights that everything comes together. Like a perfect storm or jacket or flat white. I look around the circle which the fire is at heart. This is what my life should be; friends, fire and music. Last night was brilliant.

If I met with my younger self I think he'd be happy to see me. Granted he may be a bit pissed off with 2002 and 2003. But with good reason. I think he'd be happy with what he would become. I am. Sure there are many things I want, have, need to do to better myself and rightly so. But at the moment, at the young stage of this Rat. I think it is off to a very good start.

Thanks for reading this Blog, I realise it isn't the most entertaining thing in the world and you could be watching reruns of House. But you have chosen to take a small amount of time to read over the nonsensical ramblings of a small man who will undoubedly grow up to be a crazy old small man. But really who could think of a better way to be. Laughter and talk.

I need to pack.

No comments: