Thursday, May 15, 2008

No, I am Spartacus!

My aging computer constantly spirals into the dark, tartan depths of obsolescence and groans as the once mighty machine opens the ever pretentious iTunes. I find my artist of choice amongst my dense Forrest of music and I begin.

I generally write with music, I find it helps me think. Of recent I have found Radiohead's latest album In Rainbows quite fruitful and recommend it to anyone. But it doesn't just help me think but also greatly influences my writing.

That is why I have decided to see if this little experiment will work. It's part to better my writing abilities and part to see if anyone actually reads this poor excuse for a blog (which this with any luck boosts the content and gives the blog more substance than just an excuse for a small angry man to vent his frustrations in a tawdry and pretentious manner.)

Comment on this post with any musical suggestion, I will find it, if I don't have it I will get it and I will write a short story while playing only that piece. I will do this every fortnight, starting with the first suggestion I get. The stories may be fiction or non fiction and with any luck will reflect what music was playing through the old 80's speakers that I rescued from a garage sale when I was 15 years old.

With any luck, it won't be shit. So please, throw some at me, I will choose one at random and begin.

With any luck, it won't be shit.

NOTE: Submit comments by clicking the small link saying comment. I really shouldn't need to put this note but hey, kids these days.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

hot 8 brass band - sexual healing. brilliant song. you probably won't be able to write anything because the music will get you too hot and bothered and create strangely pleasurable feelings in your crotchal region.

Bardahl Byrd said...

Me and Bobby Magee by Janis. I snet it to your email address.

Jason_Chatfield said...

Deathcab's new single is pretty good for when you first wake up feeling hungover and unjustifiably aged. You used the word tawdry. You are old.

I'll gift it to you on your sluggish iTunes.

Suzanne said...

Sure. Muse is good for such things. Absolution, specifically.

TrashandGlitter said...

Hard Time Killing Floor Blues...by some guy...on the o brother where art thou soundtrack.

Feeeeel the blues.

Hannah.

Anonymous said...

Turn The Page - Metallica cover

delightful